[Haskell-cafe] Is XMonad still developed or with a current maintainer?

Alfredo Di Napoli alfredo.dinapoli at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:31:34 CET 2012

The point is, I think it would be beneficial for XMonad to merge efforts in
one one point.
For this reason I've contacted Adam (the current maintainer) and asked him
if I could co-maintain XMonad.
The point is trying to make all our efforts in only one point. This is an
excerpt of what I've told him:

Thanks for the quick reply. if you would like to, we can co-maintain
> Xmonad. I've been using it for six months now and became such an invaluable
> tool that Os X aqua interface sucks when I use it :)
> I will be pretty busy until the end of the year, because I just landed a
> new job abroad and I'm in the process of relocating, bUt i'll have plenty
> of spare time this winter to hack on Xmonad.
> I have great plans for our lovely window manager, including:
> 1) a new website, the current is nice but too geeky and "old". Capturing
> user interest through a cool website is very important imho
> 2) move Xmonad repo to github. this may sound heretical, but a lot of
> people (me included) are put off by Darcs. Git and github is such an
> effective tool that can't be ignored any longer. Furthermore, there is a
> lot of hype this days for osxmonad, which apparently build upon Xmonad,
> reusing it as much as possible. They are on github too. Working thightly
> with them we could create a family of product, with a bulk core
> (microkernel) and different adaption layer according to the Os (linux
> rather then mac os x)

Your fork could be a starting point, we could merge everything under one,
centralized repo on github, switching for a user based account to an
organization profile (XMonadWM or simply XMonad are two possible names, for
example).

As soon as I get a reply for Adam I'll inform you!

Bye!
A.