[Haskell-cafe] [Agda] How to avoid T3 fonts in pdf generated with lhs2TeX?

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at cs.kuleuven.be
Thu Nov 1 23:15:53 CET 2012

Andreas,

2012/11/1 Andreas Abel <andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de>:
> Hello,
>
> maybe someone has experience in publishing papers that use lhs2TeX and
> unicode characters with ACM, and has been in my situation before...
>
> Sheridan, who publishes for ACM, does not like T3 fonts. However, lhs2tex
> --agda does make use of T3 fonts via:
>
>   \RequirePackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
>
> If I remove this, my unicode characters are garbled in the lhs2tex-generated
> code. Does anoyone know a smart workaround besides replacing all the unicode
> characters manually by some math symbols in the .tex file?

Not sure about all this, but perhaps you can try to use utf8 instead
of utf8x and manually define translations for the unicode characters
that you use,e.g.:

\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2032}{'}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2080}{_0}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2081}{_1}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2082}{_2}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2115}{\mathbb{N}}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2192}{\to}
\DeclareUnicodeCharacter{2200}{\forall\,}

Perhaps you can then somehow avoid translations that use T3 fonts (not
sure what these are though). Note: the numbers are the characters'
unicode hexadecimal representation (AFAIU), which you can find e.g.
using emacs's describe-char.

Dominique