[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-Type-Exts -- Typechecker as a Library

Shayan Najd Javadipour shayan at chalmers.se
Mon May 7 13:55:08 CEST 2012

Hello Haskell Cafe!

Recently, I got my proposal “Haskell-Type-Exts”--submitted to haskell
community--accepted for Google SoC 2012!
I have the luxury (thanks to Haskell.org GSoC committee) to develop a
typechecker[1] for ASTs extracted by HSE[2] during this summer.
HSE is one of the most widely used (if not the most popular) standalone
parsers for Haskell 2010 plus a wide variety of extensions.
HSE is written (and maintained) by Niklas Broberg and he is also mentoring
this project.

To be realistic, it is a rather challenging project and support of the
community is vitally important to achieve the goals.

I have a weblog accessible at http://cleantypecheck.wordpress.com/ dedicated
to this topic.
I plan to use it as the main media to communicate with people interested.
Also, you can contact me directly through [shayan at chalmers d0t se].

If you see yourself as a potential user of the tool or by any reason you
are interested ,
I'd highly appreciate if you would take a look at the following post and
leave your comment/suggestions:

http://cleantypecheck.wordpress.com/2012/05/03/inquiry/

Thanks!

/Shayan