[Haskell-cafe] unable to run ghci (7.4.1)?

Baojun Wang wangbj at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:56:20 CEST 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM, Morel Pisum <morel.pisum at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Weird. The "base" package is actually the most important package and
>> should be included in the haskell-platform.
>>
>> Anyway; you could try to do "cabal install base" or so.
>

> cabal-install cannot install base; it is and must be part of the compiler.
> The error does not say that base is missing, it says that base is present
> but broken (stat() is a libc function, not part of base).
>
> The recommendation to check with #gentoo-haskell, however, is a good idea;
> it's clearly a problem with the Gentoo package.
>
> --
> brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b at gmail.com
> wandering unix systems administrator (available)     (412) 475-9364 vm/sms

Many thanks for your prompt reply Brandon. I think you are right:

In /usr/include/sys/stat.h:

#if defined __GNUC__ && __GNUC__ >= 2 && defined __USE_EXTERN_INLINES
/* Inlined versions of the real stat and mknod functions.  */

__extern_inline int
__NTH (stat (__const char *__path, struct stat *__statbuf))
{
  return __xstat (_STAT_VER, __path, __statbuf);
}

Please find more details in http://pastebin.com/DHium87b

Best Regards
Baojun