[Haskell-cafe] unable to run ghci (7.4.1)?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri May 4 07:02:53 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Baojun Wang <wangbj at gmail.com> wrote:

> /usr/lib64/ghc-7.4.1/base-4.5.0.0/HSbase-4.5.0.0.o: unknown symbol
> `stat'

This is not a missing package, as some respondents seem to think; it's a
sign that something went very wrong during building it and the result is
broken at runtime. Usually on Linux this means something made use of stat()
without #include-ing the appropriate header; stat() is often a macro on
Linux which calls a different function depending on various compatibility
options (large files, timestamp formats, etc.).

Unfortunately I don't know of any Gentoo-specific details for fixing the
package, although I know how I'd go about trying to debug it as part of a
source build.