[Haskell-cafe] Darcs home page updated

Paul R paul.r.ml at gmail.com
Tue May 1 10:40:13 CEST 2012

Simon> It does discuss both camp and darcs. I meant to say the following:
Simon> I was happy to be able to use Ian Lynagh's video, which I have always
Simon> felt strikes a very good tone - technical, concise, grounded and
Simon> energising. I like listening to it. Thanks Ian!

Indeed, the form, duration and pace are all very good in this video.
However, if I understand correctly, your initiative mainly targets
potential newcomers. I am not sure they will understand the connection
here, and they will quickly ask how to display the patches DAG in darcs.
Also, from a communication POV, the title of the video does not match
well with the date of the video ( we are on darcs.net and the video is
"why we continue to develop Camp" and is from 2008 :] )

I don't dismiss the great work on this camp video itself. It is just
that if some darcs user has time to make a 2012 darcs video (name hit :
"darcs vs git"), based on the same idea, that would probably be more
suited for darcs website.

regards,

--
  Paul