[Haskell-cafe] New in haskell for old-timers?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Sat Mar 31 00:42:17 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Mats Rauhala <mats.rauhala at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh wow, I thought jhc was discontinued, but just checked the
> repositories and mailing lists and it's alive and well. No idea where I
> got the idea that it was discontinued. Going a little bit on tangent
> here, but if I understood correctly, jhc is meant to do more
> optimization. How does this compare to for example ghc?

I occasionally take some time off for other projects, but jhc is alive and well.
 The C produced is quite legible and even better, portable. Everything
from the Nintendo DS to the iPhone has been a target.

I am always welcoming active developers. No better way to kick me into
jhc mode than submitting some patches. :)

0.8.1 is almost due to be put out, it will be the first to be 100%
haskell 2010 (and haskell 98) compliant and has a lot of other neat
features over 0.8.0.

   John