[Haskell-cafe] good lightweight web-framework like sinatra?

Mark Wotton mwotton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:55:54 CET 2012

Try Miku.

https://github.com/nfjinjing/miku

some oddnesses around redefining (-) (I guess Jinjing Wang doesn't like the
way $ looks?) but you don't need to import the Air.Light stuff.
Otherwise more or less a straight port of sinatra, and you can run it on
heroku...

mark

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM, serialhex <serialhex at gmail.com> wrote:

> i'm looking for something lightweight, that dosnt need it's own
> server, can easily run on cgi on an apache with minimal work, and
> dosn't have many dependancies. i was looking at yesod, but it is
> bigger than i need for my site (at this point) and would take too much
> work to get running on my webhost.  though i am looking forward to
> learning it and using it in the future, i just need something that
> will play nicely with apache & cgi...
>
> justin
>
> p.s. if anyone is interested to know i'm using nearlyfreespeach.net as
> my host...  haskell is one of the many languages they support via cgi,
> but, at the moment, it is kind of difficult to get yesod or rails or
> the like to work on it... :-/
>
> --
> *  The wise man said: "Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down
> to their level and beat you with experience."
> *  As a programmer, it is your job to put yourself out of business.
> What you do today can be automated tomorrow. ~Doug McIlroy
> No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
> ---
> CFO: “What happens if we train people and they leave?”
> CTO: “What if we don’t and they stay?”

A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent of a
black velvet clown painting. It's a rectangle of carets surrounding a
quote from a literary giant of weeniedom like Heinlein or Dr. Who.
        -- Chris Maeda