[Haskell-cafe] GSoC and Data Parallel Haskell

Dmitry Dzhus dima at dzhus.org
Thu Mar 22 02:18:35 CET 2012

21.03.2012, 18:12, "Ryan Newton" <rrnewton at gmail.com>:
> The big topic would seem to be using Geoff Mainland's new simd-ghc support.
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/SIMD
>
> Geoff, is that already under way or is it too big a project for a GSOC?
>
> Dmitry, do you already have GHC-internals hacking experience?

That's interesting. I have experience with SIMD (more exactly, SSE)
itself from Parallel Programming course I had last year (which
included writing SSE implementations of common stuff like DFT). As for
GHC hacking, no, but learning in this would be a really interesting
goal for me. Perhaps a GHC-related assignment from possible mentor
could be a prerequisite for any project proposal from my side, to see
how quickly I can dive into certain details of GHC implementation.