[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: pipes-core 0.0.1

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:30:04 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Paolo Capriotti <p.capriotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't say it's unsound, more like "not yet proved to be bug-free" :)
>
> Note that the latest master fixes all the issues found so far.

I was referring to the released version of pipes-core, for which
"known to be unsound" is an accurate description.  Good to hear that
you've got a fix coming, though.  Given the history here, maybe
working out the proofs of the category laws sooner rather than later
would be a good thing.  I'll have a look today and see if I can bang
out a proof of the category laws for your new code without ensure.

It will then be interesting to see how that compares to Gabriel's
approach, which at this point we've heard a bit about but I haven't
seen.

--
Chris Smith