[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: pipes-core 0.0.1

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:26:25 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Chris Smith <cdsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> With pipes-core (which, recall, is known to be unsound... just felt
> this is a good time for a reminder of that, even though I believe the
> subset that adds tryAwait and forP to be sound), you do get both (pipe
> id) and (forP yield).

I wouldn't say it's unsound, more like "not yet proved to be bug-free" :)

Note that the latest master fixes all the issues found so far.

I agree that it would be nice to have a proof of correctness, but I
prefer to wait until it stabilizes a bit before embarking in a long
verification of all the cases. Part of the reason to release it now is
so that people can try it out and suggest changes and additions. I am
pretty confident that, if there are other issues, they can be fixed
without significantly altering the interface or the overall approach.

BR,
Paolo