[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: string-conversions-0.1

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Mar 9 12:54:07 CET 2012

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 09.03.2012, 13:44 +0200 schrieb Michael Snoyman:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Joachim Breitner
> <mail at joachim-breitner.de> wrote:
> >
> > I was about to suggest to merge this into the convertible package (to
> > fight package proliferation), but found that it seems it is already
> > there:
> > http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/convertible-text/0.4.0.2/doc/html/src/Data-Convertible-Instances-Text.html
>

> I'm the author of convertible-text, and I consider it deprecated (it's
> marked as such in the synopsis).

sorry, I got confused by the two packages. In convertible itself, there is
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/convertible/1.0.11.1/doc/html/src/Data-Convertible-Instances-Text.html
which only converts between String and the two Text types, but not
between ByteString because the encoding is not know there.

And sorry for the partial mail.

Greetings,
Joachim

--