[Haskell-cafe] Summer of Code idea: Haskell Web Toolkit

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Wed Mar 7 21:01:51 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Alejandro Serrano Mena
<trupill at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with you that maybe this proposal is vague for a GSoC, but I don't
> think that websockets is a good option either, because not all browsers
> support them.

We already have a websockets library, but like you say it is not very
useful by itself because it may not be supported in all browsers. The
GSoC proposal is to create a library that will use appropriate
fallbacks on all browsers, which is how websockets are normally used.