[Haskell-cafe] FreeSect -- generalised sections syntax extension

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Mon Mar 5 06:08:31 CET 2012

On 3/3/12 10:37 PM, Ras Far wrote:
> So we can have ... chiastic freesects?  This sounds like too much fun!
>
> I find chiasmus is a term from linguistics?

I'm not sure it's used much in linguistics per se, but it's common
terminology from classics, rhetoric, and poetry. Literally "chiastic"
just means X shaped or cross-aligned (as opposed to parallel-aligned).
It's one of those nice geometric oppositions like cis-/trans-,
iso-/anti-, co-/contra-, ipsi-/contra-,...

--
Live well,
~wren