[Haskell-cafe] [Announce] AusHac 2012 - The Aussie Haskell Hackathon

Alex Mason axman6 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:17:05 CEST 2012

We know many of you have been holding your breaths for this (hopefully none of you have passed out though!) for quite a while... but we’re pleased to announce that we’re finally getting around to announcing AusHac 2012!

This year, we’re moving AusHac to Sydney proper: Atlassian has kindly offered the use of their offices next to Darling Harbour, so there’s more places to stay and eat than in previous years!

It’s right across the harbour from Google’s headquarters where FP-Syd is hosted, and we’re starting on the Friday after next month’s FP-Syd.

When: 	Friday 20th - Sunday 22nd of July
Where:
Atlassian
173/185 Sussex Street
Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
(02) 9262 1443
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/JoNg

If you're looking for places to stay, check out AirBnB (http://www.airbnb.com), the prices are very reasonable (around $100/night within walking distance of Atlassian if you’re lucky).

This year we’d like to see a few more talks on interesting things people are working on (Yes, the stuff you are working on IS interesting, and we want to hear about it!). If you’d like to give a talk, please let us know in the sign up sheet.

Speaking of which, here it is: http://tinyurl.com/AusHac2012SignUp Please let us know if you’re considering coming along, so we can organise things like adequate power etc.

We’d love for you to come along for the whole time or just a few hours, we’re happy for people to drop in when they want, on any day. The more people we have come along, the more awesome it will be.

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Alex Mason and Ivan Miljenovic