[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: uuid-1.2.6

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:59:34 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

I'm happy to announce a new point release of the uuid library, 1.2.6:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/uuid-1.2.6

The 'uuid' package implements most of RFC 4122[1] including random
generation and generation based on hardware MAC addresses.

I haven't announced a point-release in a while. The changes since 1.2.1 include:

* When generating UUIDs from the hardware MAC address, if the MAC
address is not available we now use a random seed for our (hidden,
global) state machine

* The 'Read' instance now drops leading spaces

* Added the functions 'toWords' and 'fromWords', primary to support
the package uuid-quasi[2].

Take care,
Antoine

1: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4122