[Haskell-cafe] Haskell (GHC 7) on ARM

gdweber at iue.edu gdweber at iue.edu
Tue Jun 12 03:12:18 CEST 2012

This is my first time hearing of Arch Linux ARM (http://archlinuxarm.org/)
but since it is based on Arch Linux (http://www.archlinux.org/),
it seems odd that Arch Linux ARM's ghc is still 6.12.3,
when Arch Linux's ghc has been 7.4.1 since March 3 or earlier.
As far as I could see, all the other Arch Linux ARM
packages are the same versions as those in Arch Linux.
Maybe it would be worthwhile to prod the Arch Linux ARM developers?

On 2012-Jun-10, Ben Gamari wrote:

> Joshua Poehls <joshua at poehls.me> writes:
>
> > Hello Ben,
> >
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the latency. I'm currently on vacation in Germany so I haven't
> had terribly consistent Internet access.
>
> I've Cc'd haskell-cafe@ as I've been meaning to document my experiences
> anyways and your email seems like a good excuse to do this.
>

> > I just got a Raspberry Pi and I'm interested in running Haskell on it. So
> > far I'm running Arch Linux ARM and I noticed there is is a GHC package
> > available, but it is version 6.12.3.

Gregory D. Weber, Ph. D.                            :
Associate Professor of Informatics                 / \
Indiana University East                           0   :
Tel. (765) 973-8420; FAX (765) 973-8550              / \
http://mypage.iu.edu/~gdweber/                      1  []