[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform - BSD License?

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 22:59:33 CEST 2012

it looks like ghc itself is under a BSD3 style license, if thats any help.
So per se, I think you can assume youre dealing with a BSD3 through and
through system.

see here for the ghc info
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/license

(this is something i've been sorting out for my own projects too, and to
the best of my knowledge its all bsd3)

admission: I'm actually likely to be providing a repackaging of ghc & the
haskell platform with some additional tools for data analysis / machine
learning to some enterprise customers come the fall, so thats why I have
any thoughts on this matter. (but bear in mind that folks are this list
aren't lawyers :) )