[Haskell-cafe] Is (==) commutative?

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 04:23:21 CEST 2012

Dear Alexander,

Let me clarify again: by "we identify all bottoms" I mean that any error
and also nontermination is identified with _|_ . However, I did not mean
that [_|_] is identified with _|_ (since the point of a formal treatment
is exactly to correctly consider the lazy semantics of Haskell). In
Haskell there definitely is a difference between 'undefined' and
'[undefined]' (consider, e.g., 'head undefined' vs. 'head [undefined]')
so this must be taken in to account in a rigorous treatment.

Btw: I didn't get which inference you meant when you where saying it is
"classically valid".

cheers

chris