[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install fails due to recent HUnit

Martijn Schrage martijn at oblomov.com
Wed Jul 18 17:24:33 CEST 2012

Hi Erik,

A similar thing happened to me with the GraphViz package. As Duncan
explained to me, the problem is that Cabal-1.10.0.0 (and I believe also
1.10.1.0) incorrectly reports an error when conditionals are used in
test suites.

Upgrading to Cabal-1.10.2.0 (or cabal-install-0.14.0 with Cabal-1.14.0)
should fix the problem. Unfortunately, this means your build will not
work on a fresh Haskell Platform v2012.2.0.0, until HUnit is patched in
the hackage index.

Cheers,
Martijn Schrage -- Oblomov Systems (http://www.oblomov.com)