[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install fails due to recent HUnit

Martijn Schrage martijn at oblomov.com
Wed Jul 18 17:24:33 CEST 2012

Hi Erik,

A similar thing happened to me with the GraphViz package. As Duncan
explained to me, the problem is that Cabal- (and I believe also incorrectly reports an error when conditionals are used in
test suites.

Upgrading to Cabal- (or cabal-install-0.14.0 with Cabal-1.14.0)
should fix the problem. Unfortunately, this means your build will not
work on a fresh Haskell Platform v2012.2.0.0, until HUnit is patched in
the hackage index.

Martijn Schrage -- Oblomov Systems (http://www.oblomov.com)