[Haskell-cafe] Adding to the haskell wiki

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Mon Jul 16 19:19:02 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 02:00:46PM +0200, Nathan Hüsken wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have been a passive member of the haskell community for quite some
> time now. I have benefit from the community a lot through the mailing
> list, the haskell webpage and other channels. Thanks for all that!
>
> Now I am trying to give a little bit back, and I started a blog about
> writing javascript games in haskell using UHC and haste.
> I am not an expert in haskell nor javascript, but I am "collecting"
> information from various sources and put it together in the blog so that
> others with a similar goal my have a smoother start.
>
> Writing a blog is one thing, but of course I also want people who are
> interested in the topic to find it.
>
> Never being an active member of the community, I wonder if I should do.
> I guess I should add it to the haskellwiki. But I am unsure where.
> It certainly falls in the "games" category, but the page only lists game
> projects.
>
> The blog can be found here: http://jshaskell.blogspot.de/

If you want people to find your blog, a better idea is to have it
added to the Planet Haskell blog aggregator. [1] Then write blog posts
which are interesting enough that people will post them to the Haskell
reddit.  I doubt putting a link to your blog on the Haskell wiki will
make much difference, though you are certainly welcome to of course.

[1] http://planet.haskell.org/

-Brent