[Haskell-cafe] Any good tool to write Haskell documents including tests?

Strake strake888 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 17:23:51 CEST 2012

On 10/07/2012, Takayuki Muranushi <muranushi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been a forgetful person, and lots of things I have only
> pretended to understand. I want to change this. So, to educate myself,
> I'd like to write documented tests for many libraries I meet, and also
> publish them onto the web so that others may find them useful or find
> mistakes for me. OK, blog articles are good, but they have no (forced)
> tests.
>
> Maybe some of you have practiced this or developping such tools. I see
> some candidate tools, too. What is your suggestion for this?

I like SmallCheck myself. Define testable properties of the library,
and SmallCheck will verify them for all cases to a given depth. The
tests can be documented with Haddock like any Haskell code.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/smallcheck

Another similar option is QuickCheck, which will randomly generate
rather than enumerate.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/QuickCheck

Cheers,
Strake