[Haskell-cafe] Any good tool to write Haskell documents including tests?

Takayuki Muranushi muranushi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 16:20:20 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have been a forgetful person, and lots of things I have only
pretended to understand. I want to change this. So, to educate myself,
I'd like to write documented tests for many libraries I meet, and also
publish them onto the web so that others may find them useful or find
mistakes for me. OK, blog articles are good, but they have no (forced)
tests.

Maybe some of you have practiced this or developping such tools. I see
some candidate tools, too. What is your suggestion for this?

I have tried doctest, because of its read–eval–print loop (REPL) style I liked.

https://github.com/nushio3/practice/tree/master/control-monad-loop

It produces html as attached to this mail. It's pretty, but I'd like
to have more control on HTML.
Maybe Gitit + Doctest in Pandoc is a good alternative?

I'd also like to know what is a good way to publish a small executable
examples with automated dependency install capability. Can you point
out any problems with following Makefile + cabal ? What are better
ways to do this?

https://github.com/nushio3/practice/blob/master/control-monad-loop/Loop.cabal
https://github.com/nushio3/practice/blob/master/control-monad-loop/Makefile

Thanks in advance,

--
Takayuki MURANUSHI
The Hakubi Center for Advanced Research, Kyoto University