[Haskell-cafe] ghc default options

Victor Miller victorsmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:17:27 CET 2012

Is there a place where I can specify default options for ghc?  I just
installed ghc 7.0.4 on my Redhat system.  Since gmp isn't available on
our system libraries I installed gmp in the lib file in my home
directory.  I've set LIB_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to it.
ghci works ok (it finds the dynamic link library in my directory), but
unless I add -L$HOME/lib as an option to ghc --make it can't find it.
So how can I tell ghc to look in that directory by default?  Because
of this I can't install the haskell platform.

Victor

PS. I spent a while looking at the ghc manual but couldn't find
anything appropriate.