[Haskell-cafe] Haskell showcase in 5 minutes

Arnaud Bailly arnaud.oqube at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:18:03 CET 2012

Hello Cafe,

I will be (re)presenting Haskell in a "Batlle Language" event Wednesday
evening: A fun and interactive contest where various programming language
champions try to attract as much followers as possible in 5 minutes.

Having successfully experimented the power of live coding in a recent
Haskell introduction for the Paris Scala User Group, I would like to do the
same but given the time frame I need a simpler example than the music
synthesizer program.

So I would like to tap in the collective wisdom looking for some concise,
eye-opening, mind-shaking and if possible fun example of what one can
achieve in Haskell. Things that sprung to my mind are rather dull: prime
factors, fibonacci numbers.

Thanks in advance,
Arnaud