[Haskell-cafe] Monad laws in presence of bottoms

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Feb 22 20:40:01 CET 2012

On 2/21/12 10:44 AM, wren ng thornton wrote:
> but domain products do not form domains! In order to
> get a product which does form a domain, we'd need to use the smash
> product[2] instead. Unfortunately we can't have our cake and eat it too

Bah, I don't know why my wires were crossed yesterday. It's *coproducts*
where the category-theoretic and domain-theoretic definitions are at
odds. For *products*, the issues are just about whether the category is
cartesian closed and the like (i.e., divergence between products and
tensors). Up too late with too little coffee, no doubt. My apologies for
causing confusion.

--
Live well,
~wren