[Haskell-cafe] Simple GUI library to view JSON?

dokondr dokondr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:01:37 CET 2012

Please advise on a simple GUI library to display JSON data. A library that
is easy to build both on Win, Linux and OsX. I need a scrollable view to
show a list of JSON objects. Every object may contain other objects
(recursively). List may have thousands of objects. Fields may have very
long text values, so the view must also be scrollable in horizontal
dimension.
JSON object view should be click-able and look like on this example:
{
    hey: "guy",
    anumber: 243,
    - anobject: {
        whoa: "nuts",
        - anarray: [
            1,
            2,
            "thr<h1>ee"
        ],
        more: "stuff"
    },
    awesome: true,
    bogus: false,
    meaning: null,
    link: "http://jsonview.com",
}

Where '-' before the field object indicates that object was expanded and
'+' means collapsed object.
Clicking on expanded fields should collapse them and vice verse. So for
this example, clicking on 'anobject' should result in:
{
    hey: "guy",
    anumber: 243,
    anobject: {    ... }
    awesome: true,
    bogus: false,
    meaning: null,
    link: "http://jsonview.com",
}

In short I need a view similar to the one provided by JSONView plugin for
Firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jsonview/

Thanks a lot for any info, comments and ideas about this project!