[Haskell-cafe] Haskell development in Mac OS X after Gatekeeper

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Feb 22 06:14:04 CET 2012

On 2/20/12 4:31 PM, Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> On 20/02/2012, at 5:53 PM, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>> Bzuh?
>
> Since you are running Lion and I am not, it isn't _that_ surprising that we
> see different things.  It remains surprising that in 10.6.8 the xattr
> command is there but its manual page is not.

The manpage is also missing on earlier versions (like my 10.5.8 laptop).

Though usually for things like this you can just pass -? and either (1)
it'll be recognized so a help message will be displayed, or (2) it won't
be recognized and hence a help message will be displayed. Passing -? is
safer than trying to run the program with no options, since many
programs will do stuff even without options/arguments.

--
Live well,
~wren