[Haskell-cafe] Streaming to JuicyPixels

Myles C. Maxfield myles.maxfield at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:08:09 CET 2012

Hello,
I am interested in the possibility of using JuicyPixels for streaming
images from the web. It doesn't appear to expose any of its internally-used
Serialize.Get functionality, which is problematic for streaming - I would
not like to have to stream the whole image into a buffer before the decoder
can start decoding. Are there any plans on exposing this API, so I can use
the runGetPartial function to facilitate streaming?

In addition, does the library do much readahead? There's no point in
exposing a Get interface if it's just going to wait until the stream is
done to start decoding anyway.

Thanks,
Myles C. Maxfield