[Haskell-cafe] Haskell development in Mac OS X after Gatekeeper

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 04:28:05 CET 2012

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Tom Murphy <amindfv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand,
> it's impossible for a software company to maintain a sense of
> professionalism, when a user has to know a weird "secret handshake" to
> disable what they may perceive as equivalent to antivirus software.

I'll also just add that if you're an actual software company, large or
small, the $100 for the developer ID, certificate, ability to do
iOS/App store apps, whatever, is a business expense, that is utterly
dominated by a million other factors, as developing high quality
applications isn't exactly cheap, and the price of a license is really
the last thing you're going to worry about.

If you're more worried about the potential to impact individual
developers and small open source teams who want to get their work out
there, you are right it's a concern. We'll have to wait and see when
more details arise.

--
Regards,
Austin