[Haskell-cafe] Some thoughts on Type-Directed Name Resolution

Anthony Clayden anthony_clayden at clear.net.nz
Thu Feb 9 04:10:16 CET 2012

> I chose the most available non-ASCII character I could
> find. Set the criterion to be "present in most ISO 8-bit
> character sets" and there are really only two candidates,
> section sign and degrees sign. ...

Brilliant! We'll use degrees sign for function composition
(so that it follows the convention in everything except a
handful of obscure programming languages).

That frees up dot for record.field.

And still we can scratch our heads for something to do with
section sign. SS as in set? Some smoother syntax for
swifter, saner, salubrious setting. Super!

AntC