[Haskell-cafe] Some thoughts on Type-Directed Name Resolution

Richard O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Feb 9 01:34:22 CET 2012

On 9/02/2012, at 1:26 PM, Evan Laforge wrote:

>> How about § then?  Surely at this late date we can allow ourselves *one* non-ASCII character?
>> The very name of it (*section* sign) suggests taking a part; and if you are totally in love
>> with dot, think of it as a dot with ponytails.
>
> I suggest record的field, or record之field for the more classically
> minded.  And why not some synonyms like recordのfield and
> recordकाfield, to be inclusive.

I chose the most available non-ASCII character I could find.
Set the criterion to be "present in most ISO 8-bit character sets"
and there are really only two candidates, section sign and degrees sign.
That hardly opens flood-gates.  It should certainly be limited to
characters that do not occur in a word, ruling out record մաս field.