[Haskell-cafe] Again, version conflicting problem with cabal-install

Andres Löh andres.loeh at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:22:01 CET 2012

> I am just wanting an option (ignore versions) to take that risk in
> develop environment.

A controlled way of ignoring version constraints (mainly upper bounds,
actually) is certainly on my TODO list for the new solver. The main
issue to work out is a good way how to control the disabled bounds via
the command line, because you usually don't want to ignore all of
them. Currently, my UI-preference is a flag

  --force-allow=foo-1.3

with the semantics that all dependencies on foo will be changed to
allow foo-1.3 to be chosen. Would that be ok? Other suggestions?

Cheers,
  Andres