[Haskell-cafe] Again, version conflicting problem with cabal-install

Magicloud Magiclouds magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 17:15:48 CET 2012

I think this could be gone with cabal-dev only if A has a new version
or the compiled one that could use C-0.2 or caba-dev could ignore the
version constraint. So it is kind of an "old binary" problem. It could
also be resolved by reinstall A to use C-0.2 with cabal-install.
The problem I met is that, A uses B and C-0.2, and B uses C-0.1. Both
dependencies to C were strict. I had not gotten any B or C installed.
Now I just started to install A. It would fail.
In fact, there was a chance that I just modified B.cabal to use C-0.2
and all things done. But there also was a risk of unable to compile or
even runtime crash.
I am just wanting an option (ignore versions) to take that risk in
develop environment.

--
竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞