[Haskell-cafe] containers license issue

Clark Gaebel cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Dec 12 19:40:30 CET 2012

I just did a quick derivation from
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~seander/bithacks.html#RoundUpPowerOf2 to get
the highest bit mask, and did not reference FXT nor the containers
implementation. Here is my code:

highestBitMask :: Word64 -> Word64
highestBitMask x1 = let x2 = x1 .|. x1 `shiftR` 1
                        x3 = x2 .|. x2 `shiftR` 2
                        x4 = x3 .|. x3 `shiftR` 4
                        x5 = x4 .|. x4 `shiftR` 8
                        x6 = x5 .|. x5 `shiftR` 16
                        x7 = x6 .|. x6 `shiftR` 32
                     in x7 `xor` (x7 `shiftR` 1)

This code is hereby released into the public domain. Problem solved.

  - Clark