[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: tie-knot library

David Thomas davidleothomas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 06:28:52 CET 2012

IANAL, but reviewing what others have written, it sounds like it may be
possible to maintain *some* distinction between LGPL and GPL in Haskell,
but it's a different distinction than with an LGPL shared library, so even
if applicable it's certainly worth being aware of.

It sounds (and I'd very much like clarification) like providing source of
an application to users *without* license to redistribute, which can be
built using an LGPL library, would be compliant - whereas if the library
was GPL this would not be the case?