[Haskell-cafe] Exploring Programming Language Theory

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Sat Dec 8 23:58:29 CET 2012

SPJ's IFPL is an excellent starting point to learn the innards of Haskell.
It allows a well-acculturated individual to grab the base of the trunk and
start climbing the branches, which means reading the research papers (SPJ's
website, mainly though not exclusively), all the way to the leaves (reading
GHC source).

> To summarize, books that go from compiling a high level language to
lambda calculus and/or the theory behind lambda calculus and similar?

Other than Haskell? There's a comprehensive bibliography on the reading
scheme website, which also has loads of links to theory you might be
interested in.

Gotta say though, reading is one thing, but you've got to check your
understanding from time to time. Barendregt's "bible" on LC has good
exercises.

-- Kim-Ee