[Haskell-cafe] Build regressions due to GHC 7.6

Alexander Kjeldaas alexander.kjeldaas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 15:47:11 CEST 2012

On 30 August 2012 15:34, Alexander Bernauer <alex-haskell at copton.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I agree that automatic code migration can solve this issue in large
> parts. The Python folks have done this to mitigate the transition from
> version 2 to version 3 [1].
>
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 03:03:05PM +0200, Alexander Kjeldaas wrote:
> > perl -ni -e 'print unless /import Prelude hiding \(catch\)/' $(git grep
> > 'import Prelude hiding (catch)')
>
> I don't think regular expressions are powerful enough. This example
> does not match on hiding multiple names, for instance.

This was just an example, the CInt regexp handles multiple names, so
regexps have no problems handling this.

And it's a simple "git grep 'import.*Prelude.*catch'" to see if this
actually is a problem or not.

My point is that this works, fixes 99% of the cases, and is 1000x less work
overall.

Alexander