[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install fails due to recent HUnit

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Tue Aug 28 18:09:09 CEST 2012

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com>wrote:

> The reason you're seeing build breakage is that the .cabal files of the
> broken packages were edited in-place without communicating with any of the
> package authors.

Not to flog a dead horse, but:

Just yesterday we had a communication from someone on the Gentoo Linux
packaging team that their checksum validation for the bloomfilter package
was failing. This problem arose because of the hand-editing of the package,
but confusion arose in the bug report due to misattribution of the source
of the error.

Hand-editing uploaded tarballs: just don't do it, kids!