[Haskell-cafe] Correspondence between libraries and modules

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Wed Apr 25 05:49:51 CEST 2012

On 4/24/12 9:59 AM, Gregg Lebovitz wrote:
> The question of how to support rapid innovation and stable
> deployment is not an us versus them problem. It is one of staging releases. The
> Linux kernel is a really good example. The Linux development team innovates
> faster than the community can absorb it. The same was true of the GNU team.
> Distributions addressed the gap by staging releases.

In that case, what you are interested in is not Hackage (the too-fast
torrent of development) but rather the Haskell Platform (a policed set
of stable/core libraries with staged releases).

I forget who the best person to contact is these days if you want to get
involved with helping the HP, but I'm sure someone on the list will say
shortly :)

--
Live well,
~wren