[Haskell-cafe] Offer to mirror Hackage

Ryan Newton rrnewton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:12:03 CEST 2012

Hello all,

Right now I'm trying to answer a simple question:

   - Would the current Haskell.org / hackage infrastructure benefit from
   the donation of a dedicated VM with good bandwidth/uptime?

Whoever already knows how to do this could configure it.

In trying to answer the above question I found this long email thread from
1.5 years ago.  Duncan said the following:

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at googlemail.com>wrote:

> That's certainly what we've been planning on, that anyone can run a
> mirror, no permissions needed. The issue people have raised is what
> about having public mirrors that are used automatically or
> semi-automatically by clients.

Are there any updates to this in the last year?  Is anybody running a
mirror?

The other reason I've been thinking about this is the scoutess project.
 More public testing or continuous integration facilities would require
more hardware resources.

  -Ryan