[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: graphviz-29126.96.36.199
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:52:28 CEST 2012
I'm hoping the second part of the version number isn't ominous, but
I've just uploaded the latest release in my bindings for the Graphviz
suite of graph visualisation tools.
The changes in this release are:
* Added support for the `osage` and `patchwork` visualisation tools,
available as of Graphviz-2.28.0.
* Updated attributes as of Graphviz-2.28.0:
- `SVG` colors are now supported, and the support for different
colors has been revamped.
- `overlap=false` is now equivalent to `overlap=prism` and the
`RemoveOverlaps` option has been removed.
- `LabelScheme` and `Rotation` are new attributes for use with
- `Scale` is a new attribute for use with `twopi`.
- Add new italics, bold, underline, superscript and subscript
options for HTML-like labels.
- `LHeight` and `LWidth` for getting the height and width of the
root graph and clusters.
* Updated attributes from the current development branch of Graphviz
(i.e. 2.29.*). Please note that these will probably not work yet,
but are implemented now for future-proofing.
- A new style for edges: `Tapered`.
- `XLabel` allows you to specify labels external to a node or
edge. `ForceLabels` allow you to specify that these should be
drawn even when they will cause overlaps.
- `ImagePath` allows you to specify where to search for images.
- HTML-like labels now support `ID` values as well as horizontal
and vertical rules.
- `BgColor` and `FillColor` now take a list of colors: this allows
gradient fills for graphs, clusters and nodes. The `Radial`
style and `GradientAngle` are also used for this purpose.
- `FillColor` is now used by edges to set the color of any arrows.
- [WebP](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebP) output support added.
* Other attribute changes:
- Use a specified data type for the `Ordering` attribute rather
than an arbitrary `Text` value, and provide a documented wrapper
- `Bb` has been renamed `BoundingBox`.
- `ID` now only takes `EscString` (a type alias for `Text`) values
rather than arbitrary `Label`s.
- The `Data.GraphViz.Attributes.HTML` module has had all values
re-named and is now meant to be imported qualified. It is also
no longer re-exported from `Data.GraphViz.Attributes.Complete`.
* The `ToGraphID` class provides a common wrapper to help create
cluster identifiers, etc.
* Cabal's `Test-Suite` functionality is now used. As part of this,
the `Data.GraphViz.Testing` module and sub-modules are no longer
exported by the library.
* The new `Benchmark` support in Cabal-1.14 is now used for the
* Dropped support for base-3.
* The `Data.GraphViz.State` module is no longer exposed, as there's no
need for users to use it.
- Some corner cases in canonicalisation prevented it from being
- The `TestParsing` script will no longer crash and refuse to
continue if an IO-based error (e.g. unable to successfully call
- A typo was spotted by **Gabor Greif**.
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
More information about the Haskell-Cafe