[Haskell-cafe] building ghc on arch linux ARM?

Yves Parès yves.pares at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:26:42 CEST 2012

Okay, thanks for the explanation.
But that does not completely answer the original question: now, using
branch 7 of GHC what can you do to get a haskell program compiled on/for an
ARM platform without using Debian? You have to use LLVM? So you have to
compile your program on a regular x86/x64 PC for LLVM backend and then use
that bytecode on your ARM platform, is that it? Is LLVM bytecode that
portable? I don't much about LLVM, so sorry if those questions feel a bit
dumb ;)
ghcarm speaks about the Pandaboard and LLVM in a post:
http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/llvm-on-arm-testing

And thanks for the information about git-annex, I'm checking that out, it
looks interesting ;)
Actually, bottomline I would be interested in running a web app (preferably
using Yesod) on a Raspberry Pi (or similar, but more expensive), but this
use case is cool too.

Le 10 avril 2012 13:13, Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de> a écrit
: