[Haskell-cafe] building ghc on arch linux ARM?

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Tue Apr 10 08:28:15 CEST 2012

On 04/ 9/12 01:03 AM, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
> No, it is not possible to build GHC without GHC. Building GHC on ARM is
> going to be extremely tricky (I'm not sure anyone has ever done it).

It's not that tricky at the end. Just install LLVM 3.0 and some OS
supplied unregisterised GHC. Grab 7.4.1. sources and attempt to compile.
This should produce even registerised build for you as a result of
project initiated last summer by Stephen Blackheath. If you are curious
about its history read some posts on http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
Karel