[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: problem with cabal install MissingH-1.1.1.0

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 13:55:12 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 23:10, Mariano Cortesi <mcortesi at gmail.com> wrote:

> When i start EclipseFP, it tries to build the scion-browser, but it fails
> inmediately with a message from cabal:
>
> cabal: The program ghc version >=6.4 is required but it could not be found.
>
> Google wasn't much help. Is anybody using EclipseFP? I've installed version
> 2.1 in eclipse indigo. I'm a regular eclipse user, but with haskell i'm
> lost.

You probably want to set $PATH from ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist instead of
in the shell config files.

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#qa/qa1067/_index.html

Here's a preference pane to help maintain environment.plist:

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/14617/rcenvironment

(I use one which *used* to be available from Apple, but seems to have
vanished along with a bunch of other stuff.  Sigh.)