[Haskell-cafe] problem with cabal install MissingH-1.1.1.0

Mariano Cortesi mcortesi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:48:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

My name is mariano and I'm quite new to haskell. I trying to setup up my
environment and use the eclipse plugin for haskell. But is not working
property because, it tries to compile the scion browser and this depends on
MissingH which fails on build.

I'm with mac OS X lion, ghc version 7.2.1
and when a i try to install MissingH version 1.1.1.0 it fails with

[24 of 47] Compiling Data.BinPacking  ( src/Data/BinPacking.hs,
dist/build/Data/BinPacking.o )

src/Data/BinPacking.hs:45:6:
    Illegal datatype context (use -XDatatypeContexts): (Num size,
                                                        Ord size,
                                                        Show size,
                                                        Show obj) =>
MissingH-1.1.1.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

Any ideas?
I don't know what to do :S

best,