[Haskell-cafe] Binding a socket to all interfaces

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Wed Sep 21 17:31:48 CEST 2011

Hi,

> We should consider how we fix this. Right now N.S.listen just wraps the
> underlying system call. Is that the right place to set socket options? Perhaps
> we should set them when creating the socket instead?

Yes, of course.

If I remember correctly, this option works only between socket() and
listen(). I need to check that this option is effective to all sockets
or only to listing sockets. Anyway, I will try this in the next week.

I used to be an expert of IPv6 but I forget many things recently...
I should remember.

--Kazu