[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs. Dart

Mathijs Kwik mathijs at bluescreen303.nl
Tue Oct 11 17:09:19 CEST 2011

I disagree.

They added types and interfaces to the language, giving it at least
some type-safety (preventing me from making stupid mistakes that will
only show up at runtime). I didn't look much further, but they _are_
extending the language itself. Coffeescript on the other hand, is just
a different syntax for javascript, not really adding any features. I
love coffeescript, it's way more readable and concise, but it's just
that, a different syntax.

I do like your suggestion about a bytecode language for browsers.
Although I must say that haskell didn't get very far (as in: usable)
on the other 2 big bytecode platforms (java/.net) yet, but probably
browsers are a much more wanted target.

Mathijs