[Haskell-cafe] Enterprise Haskell -- help

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:57:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Srinivasan Balram
<srinivasan_balram at marlabs.com> wrote:
> folks:
> I was advised to post this request here. This is about needs of daily-grind
> enterprise development.
> Enterprise developers need 3 categories of books in Haskell urgently:
>  (i) Haskell (CookBooks / Recipes)

The HaskellWiki has a bit of this CookBook sort of stuff already.  I
haven't read it so I don't know about the quality, but it should be a
good starting point:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Cookbook

And the wikibooks project has some excellent articles about Haskell as well:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Haskell

>  (ii) Haskell Enterprise Development i.e. how to connect commercial
>  RDBMS and use Haskell along with SQL effectively

Database connectivity is a weakspot still.  Haskell developers don't
seem to use databases nearly as often as Java developers.  We have
several libraries for this, takusen and hdbc come to mind.  Real-World
Haskell documents using hdbc.

>  (iii) Haskell Web/Network Development

This is very broad.  Checkout yesod and snap if you want to generate
content from a Haskell based http server.

I hope that helps,
Jason