[Haskell-cafe] Status of Haskell + Mac + GUIs & graphics

Jeremy O'Donoghue jeremy.odonoghue at gmail.com
Fri May 20 16:31:39 CEST 2011

On 19 May 2011 14:01, Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> wrote:

> Conal Elliott wrote:
>
>> Last I heard, wx still had the problem of crashing its host the second
>> time
>> one opens a window (which is typical in ghci). And last I heard, Jeremy
>> O'Donoghue (cc'd) was exploring solutions but had very little time to
>> pursue
>> them.  - Conal
>>

> Last I remember, the latest problem is that ghci is unable to link
> libstdc++. But the crash problem is probably still there.

There are two separate problems:

   - ghci unable to link static libstdc++ (so doesn't work at all on
   Windows). Actually this should be fixed with ghc > 7.0.2, but I have not yet
   verified (in the process of doing so now), as ghc now ships with libstdc++
   as a dll.
   - wxWidgets static destructors are not called when application
   terminates, so second app run crashes (all platforms)

Jeremy